Joanne Cassidy - Business & Real Estate Attorney Profile
I established my business and real estate law firm in Houston, Texas in 1989. My background, education and experience, combine with my ability to simplify and communicate complex legal, business and real estate topics, giving me a unique focus to work as the company lawyer for small and mid-size businesses.
Attorney: State Bar of Texas 1989
Real Estate Broker: Texas Real Estate Commission 2004
J.D. South Texas College of Law (Magna Cum Laude)
M.Ed. University of Maine
B.A. University of Maine
Owner and President: Cassidy Realty, Inc.
Managing Member: SCH Holdings, LLC
Managing Member: Ideal Lots, LLC
Director and Secretary: Bouray Company
Director and Secretary: David Selter Enterprises, Inc.
- Texas Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- South Texas Law Review
- Author: "Business Savvy," Houston Woman magazine
- Author: "Contract Know-How...," DBA Houston magazine
- Judge: South Texas College of Law negotiation competition
- Presenter: "Wills & Estate Planning" for Local 24 Credit Union
- Presenter: "Nuts & Bolts of Small Business" for American Business Women's Association (ABWA)
- Former President, President elect, VP Administration: National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
- Former member certification committee: Houston Women's Business Council
- Former member certification committee: Women's Business Enterprise Alliance
- Member: Greater Houston Women's Chamber of Commerce
- HBA Volunteer "Desert Lamp"
- HBA Volunteer "Will a Thon"
- Order of the Lytae honor society
- Intern to Judge Don Wittig
- Joe Green Scholarship
- Annual Faculty Scholarship
- Alumni Scholarship
- American Jurisprudence Award for Excellence in Contracts